How often have you felt that your site does not rank on search engines despite having done whatever necessary? Despite having a great SEO, or content management team and analysis wing, why are your pages still lacking? What is it that you are lacking as a company? It is that you have not been following the latest Google ranking parameters important for ranking on the search engines. There are various parameters important for a page or a content to rank. You must be following some but most of them are required for a better ranking.
How are the Google Ranking Parameters decided?
Google has more than 200 ranking parameters or factors also. It is not easy for an SEO to optimize the site and the page for all these factors, yet it can work for most of them if done properly. Google requires all the components inhibited in a page for it to rank. But where would you find all these factors at one place given the hugeness of the web and the content in it? As per Gary Illyes, the ranking on Google and other search engines depend on the Searcher’s Keywords. Content is one such parameter and there are many others like it which should be taken into consideration for it. Let us check out some Google Ranking Parameters which you must follow in 2018 to rank your content and website on top of the search engine’s result page.
Google Ranking Parameters – Content
Content comes as the foremost criteria for Google search engine rank. If you do not create quality content, it will be an end ride for your site to rank. It is obvious that people come to your site to know about certain things which they don’t. So, not providing those things in a good way will do no good for your site. Here are some of the factors which you must consider while creating excellent content for your site –
- Keyword Research
Researching about Keyword can give huge benefits to your site as it improves the content formation from your end. If you know what people are searching for. Keyword Research is good, but stuffing can harm your site often. Keywords can act as a beacon for your visitors. They guide them to your site. The thing is, the research methods, as well as keyword implementation, should be more sophisticated. But how will you search Keywords? Here are some Ideas:
- Competitors’ Keywords – You can look at your competitor’s site for better insight into the Keywords used. This is not referred to as plagiarism.
- Voice Search Keywords – With mobile computing becoming far more affordable, selecting keywords according to the voice search has become important. When a person speaks their query, they tend to form it as naturally sounding questions, as if speaking to a real person. In such a situation, you must optimize for long-tail conversational keywords and questions that people are likely to ask.
- Search Intent
Google has started giving more importance to search intent where the user search is given priority over anything else. If someone searches for Marks & Spencer, the search engine will show nearest stores to them as well. So, the search listings will be shaped this way. Plus, if the searcher is not quite satisfied with search listings, Google serves some further ideas in Related Searches. So, how can you increase your ranking with this parameter in force? Here are the ways:
- Create content with a region-specific target. Try not stuffing keywords but design it in the ways which will suit the user.
- Dig deeper to understand the user preference.
- Be a smart one here and use Google’s ranking mechanism per se to help you understand search intent.
- In Google Search Console, look through your keywords that are ranking already, but which have a low CTR.
- Pay attention to your bounce rates. Though not every bounce is a cause for concern, high bounce rates need some checking. Add the Page Bounce Rate (GA) column to your Rank Tracking dashboard.
Check out Some Google Ranking Parameters You Must Follow in 2018 – Part 2 and Some Google Ranking Parameters You Must Follow in 2018 – Part 3 for more insights.
The article is an adaptation of the article published by Valerie Niechai on SEO Powersuite.